Monday, July 7, 2008

Corn Week Wrap-Up

I had so much fun during Corn Week and I really hope y'all tried or plan to try some of the recipes employing corn in its various forms.  For the sake of having them all in one place, they were...
I asked The Husband what his favorite corn recipe from the week was and he said it was a tie between the Summer Veggie Stew with Wheat Berries and the Midsummer Veggie Burgers.  If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with the veggie burgers, too.  I'm getting all kinds of Pavlovian just thinking about them right now.

As an aside, I just realized that I purchased ingredients to make one more corn recipe and I never got to it.  Doh!  I'm going to make a run at that one this afternoon and if I'm successful, I'll just add it on as a late entry.

Enjoy the fruits of summer and stay cool!

4 comments:

Douglas said...

Jaimie says you are the kitchen Goddess and that we really need to start eating this way. So be it. You had me at rice crispies ...

Douglas McDaniel

jessy said...

another corn recipe?!? did i read that right!?! hells yeah! i will check back to find out what it is... superw00t!

Erin said...

Hooray for a successful corn week!

Marni said...

Douglas - Welcome! Though I agree we should all start eating this way, I think Jamie's probably talked me up a bit too much. Kitchen Goddess? Careful or my head will swell so much I won't be able to fit out the front door to great all my adoring devotees. :::snicker:::

Jessy - Yes! Another one. I still haven't got to it yet, but my hopes are high.

Erin - Hooray! And now I'm tired. LOL