Orzo with Creamed Corn Sauce
- 2/3 cup orzo (about 5 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut from cobs, divided (1 cob reserved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely shopped leek (white part only)
- 3 tablespoons mirin or white wine
- Cook orzo in large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place coconut milk, half of corn kernels, and reserved cob in heavy medium saucepan. Boil over medium heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Discard cob; when cool enough, puree sauce in blender until smooth.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add leek and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Add remaining corn kernels and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add creamed corn sauce and cooked orzo. Bring to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl, sprinkle with chives, and serve.