Makes 32 corn cups
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance), at room temperature
- 3 ounces vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti), at room temperature (if you don't have a scale, it's about 6 tablespoons)
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the margarine and cream cheese together with a mixer.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl, stirring to combine.
- Begin adding dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly while mixing. When fully incorporated, knead the dough a bit with your hand inside the bowl.
- Divide the dough into 1-inch balls and press them into small muffin tins. Use your thumbs and fingers to form the corn dough into a cup inside the mold. Try to make them even and make sure the dough comes up to the top of each mold.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Fill with whatever strikes your fancy.
Delish! Happy 4th of July!
Suggested musical accompaniment: Franco Un-American by NOFX