Sunday, October 12, 2008

MoFo 12: Sunday Night Dinner


Tomato Soup
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina
The other day my neighbor, Mr. C, gifted me with tomatoes from his garden. Though I originally thought I'd make some of my beloved Oil-Free Vinaigrette with them, I actually ended up making some killer Pureed Tomato Soup instead. I made the soup with some of my homemade Roasted Veggie Stock (of-course) and served it over generous slices of fresh, skillet-baked Olive Oil Salt Bread.

Nice.

The Husband and I ate hunched over the coffee table as we watched our Chargers kick Patriot ass.

I love Sunday Night Dinner with a side of Sunday Night Football. Especially when we win 30 to 10. :::grin:::

4 comments:

allularpunk said...

i want soup for dinner. and saltbread, whatever that is, because it sounds awesome. and i also love watching football while eating dinner on sundays...i missed out this week.

Zoey said...

Hi Marni,

Your soup looks incredible. I have never made tomato soup from fresh tomatoes before but I may have to now. Thank you for the picture- I am drooling.

yasmin said...

that saltbread sounds great! and the tomato soup looks pretty good.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh! Looks good.