Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oil-Free Vinaigrette

Today's first raw recipe (that's right, you're getting two today) is a lovely oil-free salad dressing. I prepared this dressing last night. I was skeptical, thinking without oil it wouldn't taste good or adhere to salad well, but I was totally wrong. In fact, I like the taste of this dressing more than the Creamy Avocado and Herb Dressing I made a few days ago.

Where did I find this miracle dressing? Why in Renée Loux Underkoffler's Living Cuisine, of-course!

Oil-Free Vinaigrette
Makes About 1 Pint
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon nama shoyu
  • 1 tablespoon white miso
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/4 cup parsley
  • 1/4 cup basil
  • Pinch sun-dried sea salt, or to taste
  • Fresh black pepper to taste
  1. In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
  2. Store in a glass jar with a lid in the refrigerator.
Fantastic! Tastes awesome and fits in perfectly with my new health goals. This dressing will be a standard in my fridge through summer and well into autumn, when I tend to eat salads for 1-2 of my daily meals.

4 comments:

jessy said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm! oil free, too - how could it get more awesome?! i'm going to give this a whirl later this week. i'm really getting into salads, too! when produce is in such abundance - how can you not?! glorious!

Marni said...

I know, right? I just made the shopping list for next week and although we aren't eating raw, I'm buying the ingredients to make this again. Fabu!

KL Grady said...

This. Was. So. Yum.

Mom was surprised when I told her the ingredients. :)

Marni said...

Hooray! You finally tried it! I knew you'd like it. :) I think it's a miracle.