Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Creamy Avocado and Herb Dressing

I can't believe we've been eating raw for nearly four whole days now! The Husband and I both feel fantastic. I totally get why people choose to eat this way all the time.

I took my last final of the semester last night. Yay! To celebrate, I've made a very special raw dessert for tonight. But you'll have to wait to read about that until tomorrow. Muhuwahahaaaa....

Today, I offer you raw Creamy Avocado and Herb Dressing from Living Cuisine by Renée Loux Underkoffler.

Creamy Avocado and Herb Dressing
Makes 1 pint
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons nama shoyu
  • 1/3 cup parsley leaves
  • 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
  • 1 teaspoon coriander seed
  • 1/2 - 1 cup fresh water
  • Pinch sun-dried sea salt, or to taste
In a blender, blend all ingredients and 1/2 cup fresh water until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt. Add an additional 1/2 cup water for a lighter dressing.

Store in a glass jar with a lid in the refrigerator.

I chose this dressing because we have a huge amount of avocados right now and it sounded yummy. I was able to throw it together very quickly and as you can see, it has a beautiful green color. The taste is outstanding. Out of the jar, I thought it was a bit too tangy from the lemon juice, but on a salad it was perfect.

2 comments:

jessy said...

congrats on the last final, Marni! keep us posted on how ya did! :) and this dressing made me drool a bit on my hoodie. ahahahhahahaa! man, i am getting closer and closer to trying raw for a week. yay!

Marni said...

C'mon, Jessy! You can *so* eat raw for a week. If I can do it, anyone can. It's my last day and I feel spectacular.