Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A New Health Goal

(crossposted from 101 Notes to Self)

I've been feeling really ... ample ... lately.

I swear, I must be one of the only fat vegans on the planet. Seriously now, when you conjure the image of a vegan in your mind, don't you think of someone fit and trim? Moby. Gillian Anderson. Joaquin Phoenix. Jennifer Connelly. Tobey Maguire. Emily Deschanel (the chic from Bones). These are the bodies that come to mind when pondering what a typical vegan looks like because these people are vegan.
  
Then there's size 18-wearing me. I'm starting to get the feeling people don't believe me when I tell them I'm vegan. I'm sick of feeling large and so totally not in charge. Granted, I'm insulin resistant with PCO, which makes it extremely difficult for me to lose weight. But it's not impossible. For me it's all about eating smart and exercising regularly. I have to do both. I'm grabbing the reigns and slowing this ride down.
 
I'm officially setting a date to reach this goal:
 
I will be a size 16 by July 18 (my next trip to Denver).
 
That is all.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

You're not the only chubby vegan, i promise!!!! My lard butt is larger than yours (i promise) and if one more person says "really?" with an incredulous eyebrow when i tell them i'm a vegan, i'm gonna whup some ass.

Good luck with the goals!

~kitty

Marni said...

Hey Kitty!

Yes! I get the gravity-defying eyebrow, too! It makes me want to scream. Thanks for the note. I really was feeling like some sort of metabolically challenged social abnormality.

Marni

Kitty said...

If my metabolism had to be all out of whack, couldn't i be the chick who lives on french fries and weighs 12 pounds? Why god why couldn't i get THAT gene?!?!?! Alas, the universe was not that kind. *sniffles* i think i'll go drown my sorrows in Oreos.... wait, isn't that how i got here in the first place? lol.

~kitty

Marni said...

Sweet Seitan ... Oreos are vegan? I so didn't need to know that.

Kitty said...

i'm just a wealth of useful information. But maybe i shouldn't share it with someone who's trying to lose weight LMAO. But yes, oreos are vegan (as long as you're not buying them from South Africa, those apparently are not. i know, why the hell do i know that, right? lol) and they're single-handedly responsible for my fatness lol.

~kitty

Kitty said...

i'm just a wealth of useful information. But maybe i shouldn't share it with someone who's trying to lose weight LMAO. But yes, oreos are vegan (as long as you're not buying them from South Africa, those apparently are not. i know, why the hell do i know that, right? lol) and they're single-handedly responsible for my fatness lol.

~kitty