Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rice with Bombay Potatoes

I've discovered a tasty, quick and easy dinner for nights when I don't have time to cook.  While sauntering down the aisle at the store the other day, the display of Tasty Bite foods caught my eye.  I reached for a package of Bombay Potatoes and flipped the box over to check out the vegan status.  On the back, to my delight, I found a handy checklist indicating that the food contained within was indeed...
  • Vegetarian
  • Vegan
  • Gluten Free
  • No MSG
  • No Preservatives
  • Kosher
Well, that makes things easy!  So I bought the Bombay Potatoes and tried them a few nights later.  They were fabulous!  The Husband and I both agreed.
    
  
What I like about these little packages of food most is that they are cheap, tasty, clearly labeled, and only two servings which helps The Husband and I not to overeat.  Plus, they cook up extremely fast.  The Bombay Potatoes (done in under 2 minutes) are a fantastic mix of cubed potato and the almighty chickpea along with a spicy blend of ginger, garlic, coriander, chilies, and cumin.  I served them over steamed and seasoned rice with a side salad.  Yum!
  
If you're a hiker or camper, these little meals would make perfect campfire food.  They are sealed in bags that can be dropped in boiling water and ready to eat in 5 minutes.
  
We can't wait to try more Tasty Bite selections.  Especially as I enter into the crunch for finals at school, these types of meals are a winner all around.

No comments: