Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Brunch: Winter Solstice


Winter Solstice Brunch
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina
Our Winter Solstice Brunch was a huge success. Not only was my morning stress-free from having done the majority of the work ahead of time, but all the food was fantastic. The Sweet Potato Waffles smothered in Maple Cream were amazing. Pointing to them with his fork, one of my guests proclaimed, "These taste like Christmas." Awesome.


Baked Apples
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina
The Mac 'n' Cheese was killer, as always.  I believe it to be the best I've ever tasted, omni or vegan. And the Baked Apples were just ridiculous - stuffed with chopped dates and sugar and other good things and baked with a crisp coating of sugar and nuts. Each apple received a drizzle of some homemade Apple Liqueur before going into the oven and they came out perfect.

The Toasted Brown Rice Tea was light and warming and the Winter Solstice Cocktails were quite effective and really hit the spot. I had two. :)

All in all, it was an overwhelming success and I got praise from my guests and family. I asked everyone if they'd be willing to come over more often to test additional recipes and allow me to hone my cooking and hostess skills and they each enthusiastically agreed. I even told them I'd been considering writing a cookbook and ended up getting lots of support, which felt really nice.

Tomorrow, I'll start working on my To Do List for Christmas Dinner. I hope you Winter Solstice and weekend was filled with good food and lots of belly laughs.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the recipe for that mac and cheese. I made it tonight and it is incredible!! I posted it on my blog, too, because I just had to share it!

Sal said...

Can I come over to yours for brunch?? Please? That all looks great!

jessy said...

what a glorious success, Marni! wow! your baked apples sound (and look) freak'n amazing! oh my gosh, mmmmmmm! it sounds like everyone thoroughly enjoyed the brunch - and that's awesome that they're excited & eager to try out more of your recipes! i wish i were your neighbor!

Jeni Treehugger said...

I'll come and help taste your wares!!
It all looks and sounds MARVELOUS!

cookingforaveganlover said...

I am so drooling!