Saturday, December 20, 2008

Marni's Maple Cream

I'm as ready as I can be for tomorrow's Winter Solstice Brunch and let me just take a moment to say, ready feels good!

I prepared the "cheese" sauce for the Mac 'n' Cheese and have stored it in an airtight container in the fridge for the night.  I also made a maple cream sauce for the sweet potato waffles that is dynamite.  Here's how I put it together:

Marni's Maple Cream
  • 8 oz. container vegan cream cheese at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • a pinch of ground cloves
  1. Throw everything in the food processor and flip the switch 'til smooth and fully incorporated.
  2. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge 'til your ready to partake in the maple-creamy deliciousness.  Allow to come to room temp or warm slightly before serving.
Time to cross more items off my list!

To Do List for Winter Solstice Brunch
  • Sweet Potato Waffles with Maple Cream
  • Mac 'n' "Cheese"
  • Baked Apples
  • Toasted Brown Rice Tea
  • Winter Solstice Cocktail
So tomorrow morning, all I have to do is boil the pasta and throw the Mac 'n' "Cheese" in the oven, prepare the baked apples, toast the waffles, and shake up some Winter Solstice Cocktails.  Hooray!

1 comment:

jessy said...

your maple cream sounds soooooo good, Marni! easy to make & awesome - and that i LOVE!