I prepared the "cheese" sauce for the Mac 'n' Cheese and have stored it in an airtight container in the fridge for the night. I also made a maple cream sauce for the sweet potato waffles that is dynamite. Here's how I put it together:
Marni's Maple Cream
- 8 oz. container vegan cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves
- Throw everything in the food processor and flip the switch 'til smooth and fully incorporated.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge 'til your ready to partake in the maple-creamy deliciousness. Allow to come to room temp or warm slightly before serving.
To Do List for Winter Solstice Brunch
Sweet Potato Waffles with Maple Cream Mac 'n' "Cheese"
- Baked Apples
Toasted Brown Rice Tea
- Winter Solstice Cocktail