Saturday, February 7, 2009

Strawberry Pancakes


Strawberry Pancakes
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina
Another great Saturday morning breakfast. I do believe I've started a trend akin to my Sunday night dinner posts. Perhaps I'll add Saturday morning breakfast posts to the lineup.

Anyhow, just like last weekend, we started with the Pancake recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance. But rather than going with the blueberry variation listed in the book, I omitted the cinnamon and stirred in a cup of chopped, fresh strawberries instead. I garnished the pancakes with more strawberries and some sliced banana, drizzled 'em with a bit of maple syrup and enjoyed a scrumptious breakfast.

The Husband and I liked these even more than the Blueberry Pancakes we had last weekend. Plus, we had the satisfaction of using the locally grown strawberries I picked up at the farmer's market earlier this week.

A kick-ass way to start the weekend, if I do say so myself. And I just did. So there.

5 comments:

Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

I can't wait until strawberries are in season here. I love them on pancakes and waffles...those look so good!

veggievixen said...

ooh! these look so good!

miss v said...

this is making me so excited for fresh strawberries again! sounds yum!

jessy said...

once strawberry season hits i'm all over these! i don't know why i would have never thought to make strawberry pancakes. ohhhhhh my gosh, mmmmmmmmmmmmm! saturday morning yumminess! hooray!

The Cooking Lady said...

Me and my daughter have a slightly different view when it comes to pancakes.I believe you should not mess with a classic.

She dons hers with any fruit imaginable. Not me, just good ole pat of butter with some maple syrup. Mmmm Mmmm good.