Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Raw Salad Dressing for Zero Weight Watcher Points That Actually Tastes Good

I think I've squawked enough about my favorite homemade salad dressing on this blog, but if you've missed it or are new, the recipe can be found here.

This dressing is raw and oil-free!  It's also really easy to make and it tastes absolutely fantastic.  Seriously.  It's so tasty, it's really hard to believe it's oil-free.

Anyhow, I just signed on to the Weight Watchers website and calculated the points.  The entire recipe, which makes about 1 pint (2 cups), is only 2 points.  (1.5 to be exact.)  So a 2 tablespoon serving is zero points.  Even a 1/4 cup serving (4 tablespoons) is zero points, which makes it a great option for all sorts of things.  I actually think it's delish on pasta as well as salad.  You have to consume a whopping 1/2 cup of the stuff before you even make a blip on the WW radar, and even then you'll only be using 1 point.

So keep this in mind as the holidays approach.  I think most people tend to gain weight this time of year.  I know I do.  In fact, I think I'm gaining weight just thinking about the holidays right now.  It's nice to have weapons such as this in your fat-fighting arsenal.  And if you're one of those freaks that never has to worry about weight, try this dressing anyway.  It's that delicious.  Freak.

8 comments:

allularpunk said...

that does look good. i'm not really up to snuff on making my own dressings, for some reason. they always taste nasty. hopefully this one will break my streak, eh? especially since it's not bad for you. i am NOT one of those freaks that gets to eat annie's goddess dressing glopped onto every single salad and not worry about gaining weight. *ahemmichaeldoesthisahem* so thanks!

Marni said...

Mmmmmm ... Annie's Goddess Dressing is the cat's meow. I love that stuff, but it's like a once or twice a year thing for me because of all the fat. I eat too many salads to indulge in it.

Give this one a try! Everyone that I've fed it to is amazed at how good it is.

jessy said...

thanks for the reminder on your salad dressing, Marni! i totally forgot about that one. which sucks 'cause i could have made it yesterday to enjoy some on a salad i had for lunch. damnit! next time! yay! :)

i need all the weapons i can get for my fat-fighting arsenal! i would love to not gain another 5 darn pounds this year! ack!

thanks again, Marni!

Joanna said...

i'm definitely not one of those people who doesn't have to worry about their weight. i wish i was though!!! i love raw dressings too... and i've never had a zero points one-that's for sure.

Jeni Treehugger said...

I hadn't seen that dressing recipe so I'm glad you squawked on about it some more - it sounds GREAT!
:)
My fat-fighting arsenal is taking over the world!

Marni said...

Jessy - You're welcome!

Joanna - I love raw dressings, too! This one's great. You should definitely try it.

Jeni Treehugger - Yay! I'm glad I mentioned it again, then. :) If your fat-fighting arsenal is taking over the world, then I'd like to hear more about it. Seems like I'm constantly fighting the battle of the bulge.

Suzanne said...

I would love to try it. But has the recipe been taken down? I don't see it.

Marni said...

Hi Suzanne!I don't know why you're having a problem with the link, it's working fine for me. Just try to go there directly: http://laveganloca.blogspot.com/2008/05/oil-free-vinaigrette.html

Hope that helps!