Sunday, October 19, 2008

MoFo 19: Sunday Night Dinner

Tonight's dinner utilized the other half of yesterday's Spicy Autumn Veggie Burger mix. I formed the mix into neatballs and baked them on a parchment-lined sheet at 425 degrees F for about 18 minutes.

I served my little beauties over a bed of whole wheat linguini tossed with a rustic pine nut sauce. Fabulous!  Though I probably wouldn't serve these particular neatballs with the rustic pine nut sauce again.  The flavors were great on their own, but seemed to clash a bit when served together.

The recipes for the veggie burgers and pasta sauce were both from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.

Tomorrow brings the next installment of Moonshine Monday! Hope you had a fantastic weekend.

5 comments:

jessy said...

i think i'm going to ask for How to Cook Everything Vegetarian for christmas - i have heard about & seen so many recipes from his book and i've always been impressed. yay! your neatballs look glorious, Marni - and hooray for whole wheat pasta, too! that's all we eat is the whole wheat - it's just soooo tasty (and so much better for you, too)!

allularpunk said...

oooh, i had 'meat'balls and linguine for dinner last night too! although ours was much less fancy, haha...

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I have How to Cook Everything Vegetarian & never use it, but this sure looks good!

Marni said...

Jessy: I really love the recipes in HTCEV, though I'll warn you now they aren't all vegan. Most of them are, and a lot of the rest can be veganized, but there is a whole chapter of egg recipes. Also, the author isn't vegan, though he thinks everything should eat far less meat and animal products. He also says it's environmentally irresponsible to eat the way most Americans do, and I totally agree. But then he goes on to say how he still eats meat and will continue to do so. Now you are forewarned. Beyond that, it's an amazing cookbook with endless recipes and even more variations - cross-referenced with serving and menu suggestions and lots of useful information on food storage, cooking techniques, etc. It's a great book.

Allularpunk: Ha! We were synced up. :) That's cool.

Melisser: It really is a great book. Check out what I said to Jessy (above) for more info on it. If you have it, you might as well use it!

Erin said...

I just HAVE to get that cookbook. I bought How To Cook Everything for my boyfriend (it was on sale for $5.99!) and I've already referenced it a bunch of times.