Saturday, June 7, 2008

Time for a New Mixer


Time for a New Mixer
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina
My cake decorating instructor did inform me that the icing recipe we are to use while in her class (specifically designed to hold elaborate shapes) is super thick. She even regaled me with tales of broken mixers and smoking motors.  We had a good laugh at the expense of all those other, inadequately equipped bizzos.  Yet even after the clear warnings, I didn't think it could happen to me.

I was wrong.

My poor little cheap-ass totally abused hand mixer bit the big one about a minute into making my first batch of Buttercream Frosting. My first cake was due in a few hours and my first batch of icing was contaminated with whatever schmeg was all up in the wand when it blew. Ew.

Thankfully, my neighbor had a great mixer that she let me borrow.

Best news of all: I get a new mixer sometime real soon!

No comments: