Friday, June 6, 2008

Chickpea-Quinoa Pilaf

Tonight's dinner was another from the all-powerful 'Nomicon. I prepared the Chickpea-Quinoa Pilaf and served it with steamed broccoli and a lemon wedge. It was fantastic! The spices in this dish are some of my favs - cumin and coriander. Though, I think there may have been an error in the recipe...

After everything has been sautéed and you add the chickpeas and broth, it says to "cover and bring to a boil." Fine. No prob there. Then it says, "Once the mixture is boiling, lower the heat to very low, cover, and cook for about 18 minutes."

Problem is, it's already covered. So, I left it covered. But at the end of the 18 minutes, it still had way too much liquid in it. So I removed the lid and cooked for an additional 15 minutes or so. After that, it was perfect. So, I think that second line was supposed to say, "lower the heat to very low, uncover, ..." Maybe.

But that's really no biggie and I've made a note in my book so it won't happen again. This recipe is lovely and very healthy, too. And it has chickpeas. Y'all know how I love me some chickpeas.

Winner!

As an aside, does anyone know if there's been an errors and omissions list posted for Veganomicon? I'd like to check it out if it exists. Thanks!

UPDATE:  Nevermind, I found it.  I'll sift through it later and see if I'm right or if I'm just plain crazy.  

Or both.

Muhuwahahahahaaaaaaa.....

:::ehem:::

2 comments:

Alice (in Veganland) said...

Thanks for pointing me to the list of errors! I had my eye on the recipe of chickpea-quinoa pilaf, it looks so great!

Marni said...

Absolutely! :)

Try the pilaf, it's really great. I had leftovers for lunch yesterday in a pita. Yum!