Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Get thee behind me, Diet Devil Pepper!

Stop eating animals? No prob! Done.

Stop eating animal byproducts and secretions? A little trickier, but done!

Stop buying items made with animal byproducts? Well, it's impossible in my opinion, but I'm doing my best.

Stop drinking Diet Dr. Pepper? I can't!

Why do I want to? Well, it'd be better to drink water, first of all. Secondly, it's not exactly healthy. Third, it's not exactly vegan, either. While there are no animal byproducts in Diet Dr. Pepper, I'm sure that some of the ingredients, particularly aspartame, have been tested on animals. Considering my swift transition to a vegan lifestyle, I should be able to walk away from Diet Dr. Pepper.

But it is insidious and alluring ... and caffeinated, which I think is a major part of it. I've tried, three times now, to quit drinking it and I keep going back to it. So now, I've got a new plan...

My spiritual teacher has me focusing on water right now. I am to monitor how much water I drink and take a breath and align myself whenever I start drinking a new glass. I don't think the water in the soda counts, so it looks like I'll be upping my water intake.

My new goal: drink 8 glasses (64 oz.) of water each day. No Diet Devil Pepper until I have at least half of it down.

So it is blogged, so shall it be done.

Starting tomorrow.

Meep.

No comments: