- kiwi fruit were formerly known as Chinese gooseberries
- a single kiwi fruit contains more than a day's vitamin C requirement for an adult
- kiwis provide only 50 calories per 3¾ ounces
- kiwis are ripe when they yield to gentle pressure - like a pear
- store kiwis at room temperature in a separate bowl from other fruits (enzymes from kiwis can cause surrounding fruits to ripen quickly)
- kiwi skin is edible, but most people find the fuzzy texture icky and just eat the fruit, seeds and all
- kiwis prevent gelatin (made from the boiled bones, skins, and tendons of dead animals) from setting and will curdle milk - they're like little vegan anarchist fruits
All hail the kiwi fruit!