Monday, January 7, 2008

Spiced Hot Hempy Chocolate with Booze

Today was a difficult day. It rained on and off and it was cold. I didn't plan anything for dinner and by the time my husband got home from work I was crampy, cold, and cranky.

I needed hot chocolate. Hot chocolate with booze.

Unfortunately, we didn't have any cocoa powder, so I had to improvise. What resulted was quite teh yum.

I present to you, Spiced Hot Hempy Chocolate with Booze:


Spiced Hot Hempy Chocolate with Booze
  • 1 32-oz (1-qt) Vanilla Hemp Milk
  • ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
  • ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • ½ cup rum
  • ½ cup coffee liqueur (like Kahlua)
Heat hemp milk in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in microwave according to package directions or stirring every 20-30 seconds. When milk is hot, add about a cup to melted chocolate to incorporate. Pour back into sauce pan and stir. Sprinkle in pumpkin pie spice and continue to stir. Do not boil. When hot, add rum and liqueur. Heat an additional minute. Serve and enjoy ... which is exactly what I'm doing right now.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: