You go with Dr. Joel Fuhrman's program: Eat To Live.
I've had this book for a couple years, having bought it when I heard it was an extremely effective program for fast, significant weight-loss. But I shelved it when I read the program - so much raw foods and no meat or dairy! Well, I wasn't vegan at the time and I certainly wasn't eating all the produce that I am now. So, I'm pulling it off the shelf this week and revisiting it.
According to the official website, Eat to Live stacks up thusly:
- Substantial, dramatic weight loss. Documented to achieve long-term results.
- Reverses heart disease dramatically, radically drops cholesterol and triglycerides, and gets rid of diabetes.
- Offers unlimited portions of many foods.
- No calorie counting. You do not have to be vegan or even vegetarian.
- High nutrient density for powerful prevention of cancer.
- Affords the opportunity to get rid of many chronic health problems.
- Makes you feel and look younger, as attested by many, many Eat to Livers.
While a grain or starch-based vegan diet (what I've probably been eating) looks something like this:
- Both result in moderate weight loss, not effective for those with significant metabolic hindrance to weight loss.
- Both result in moderate reversal of heart disease for most people. Both moderately drop cholesterol while typically raising triglycerides, and are not very effective at reversing diabetes.
- There is no calorie counting, offers unlimited portions of most foods, totally vegan.
- Both help to prevent cancer.
Considering my insulin resistance, I'd probably do better eating Eat to Live style.
More on this later. Hope you had a fabulous weekend.