Friday, January 11, 2008

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

Thank Holy Seitan it's Friday!

DH and I are trying to drop some excess weight, so we typically don't have dessert, unless it's a special occasion. Tonight, however, we were feeling particularly needy and decided to indulge. I hadn't shopped for dessert, so I had to improvise. I scanned what I had on hand and came up with the following dessert pretzel:


Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel
  • frozen vegan pretzel, preferably whole wheat
  • turbinado (or raw) sugar
  • cinnamon

Sprinkle some turbinado sugar on a small plate. Run your finger under a bit of water and dampen the top surface of the pretzel with it. Lay the pretzel, face-down, in the sugar. Wiggle and roll it around a bit to ensure even sugar coverage. Sprinkle some cinnamon on it and bake according to package instructions.

Yum! Not too sweet and who doesn't love a warm, soft, baked pretzel?

No comments: