Friday, May 22, 2009

Vegan Summer Nail Polish Colors

I was out with a girlfriend last night and wandered into a store with a great selection of OPI nail polish. Now, I've had a long-time love affair with OPI colors ever since I discovered what's got to be the best red nail polish on the planet: I'm Not Really a Waitress. Yes, that's the name of the color. OPI colors have the best names!

When I transitioned to veganism, I was relieved to learn that OPI products are vegan but for the exception of their Ridge Filler, which I've never used. I've also heard that some of their pearlescent colors may not be vegan, but I'm not completely sure about that and I don't wear those either. If anyone knows anything to the contrary, please let me know.

Anyhow, OPI releases seasonal and other inspired collections every so often and the colors are always spectacular. While I tend to wear only red, black or nearly black, and pale pink polishes (depending on my mood and the time of year) sometimes I like to go wild with color. Especially on my toe nails during the warmer months when I'm wearing open-toed shoes and sandals. Problem is, their collections come and go real fast and if you don't grab them while the grabbing is good, they're gone. 

So last night, when I stumbled upon this great OPI display, I noticed their summer collection is now available. It's called Bright Pair and is inspired by various colors of Paige Premium Denim. I eyed a 4-pack of mini Bright Pair bottles that includes three colors and a top coat. The price was in the neighborhood of $10.00. What a steal! So I grabbed one.

What I love about these little mini packs is that I can afford to dabble in multiple colors, without making the commitment of purchasing a full-sized bottle. Also, by the time summer is over, most of it will probably be gone. 

The OPI Bright Pair Mini 4-Pack includes four 3.75 mL or 1/8 Fl. Oz. bottles of...
  • A Grape Fit! - A gorgeous light purple
  • Shorts Story - A super hot pink with cool blue undertones
  • On the Same Paige - A fabulous orangey-red
  • RapiDry Top Coat - Dries hard with a delicious high-gloss shine in minutes
Score! The changing of nail colors is part of my Friday ritual, so I'll be trying at least one of my new colors tonight. It's the little things that make us girls happy. And these little OPI sample packs definitely put a smile on my face.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Nice OPI sample. Glad to know it's vegan. I'm a fan of Lincoln Park after Dark, but I really need to branch out into some summer colors.

Marni said...

Hey Jenn: Oooo, I *love* Lincoln Park After Dark. Good one! :)

veggievixen said...

it's insane in how many things they put animal products. wtf?? i never thought about this kind of stuff before transitioning to veganism. i love their color names too :)

Chelsea said...

Yay! I didn't know that stuff is vegan - time to go get some new colors!