Monday, May 25, 2009

Mexican Hot Chocolate Mini Cuppies & Our Latest Biggest Loser Throwdown Weigh-In Results

Greetings vegans and veg-curious readers. Just thought I would let y'all know I tried another cupcake recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World this past weekend. I was tasked with bringing dessert to a Mexican food inspired get-together and decided on the Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes. I crowned them with the Chocolate Mousse Topping from the same book and sprinkled them with crushed Mexican Chocolate.

They were so tasty! They came out super moist with a fun kick from the cayenne pepper. The Chocolate Mousse Topping was over-the-top decadent. I know they look like little swirls of poo, but that's the inherent problem with chocolate swirls and smears. You just have to close your eyes and trust it'll taste good. And these definitely do!

By the way, to make these mini I reduced the baking time to about 13 minutes.

We weighed in Sunday morning and unfortunately, the win for last week goes to Team Red. :::booooo hisssss::: The Husband actually went two pounds in the wrong direction - bad Husband! And that was before the mini chocolate cuppies! I gained .2 pound, which basically means I stayed the same. Fine with me because it's That Time right now. I know it'll come off next weekend and then some.

We have fun things planned for Memorial Day - swimming and more barbeque. I hope to blog about it all very soon. Have a fantastic holiday!

4 comments:

veggievixen said...

yum, i've been wanting to make these really badly!

jessy said...

boo to that red team! BOO, i say!!! but hooray for some super moist ‘n most tasty mexican cuppies, Marni! mmmmmm! you said poo – tee hee! :) i think the frosting looks most excellent, and i think your weekend full of swimming & bbq’n sounds most glorious! i can’t wait to read up on all the awesome! yay!

Jeni Treehugger said...

Mmmm those cuppies look GOOD!

Hannah said...

Now those cupcakes are truly "drool-worthy!" I'm seriously craving chocolate all of a sudden...