Here's how it all came together:
- 2 TBSP peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 5 cups waxy potatoes - 1" dice (about 2 pounds, skins on)
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 of a large onion)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 package of SoyRizo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chives, rough chopped
- Put the oil in a large skillet (like a fryer) over medium heat. When the oil is hot, carefully place the potatoes in the pan. Ensure they have good contact with the pan, but don't mess with them too much. You want to get a good crust going. Leave 'em alone until the edges begin to brown and the potatoes release from the pan, about 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking, gently turning the cubes to brown all sides but moving them as little as possible. Add more oil if you need to (I didn't) to prevent the potatoes from sticking. If they are getting too much color, turn the heat down a bit. Cook 'til they are tender and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up a bit to begin crisping the potatoes and add the onion and garlic. Remove the SoyRizo from the casing and put that into the pan at the same time. Cook, stirring gently to break up the SoyRizo, until the onions are soft and the SoyRizo is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add most of the chives (reserving some for garnish)l and stir another minute or two.
- Serve immediately, garnished with remaining chives.
- 317 calories, 124 calories from fat, 14g fat, 1g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 43g carbs, 7g fiber, 5g sugars, 10g protein.
- eGL: 18
- Weight Watcher points: 7