Strawberry Banana Sorbet
Makes 6 1-cup servings
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 bananas, peeled and broken up into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Place frozen strawberries in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until they release their juice and begin to simmer, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add banana. Using an immersion blender (or food processor or standard blender), process fruit until completely smooth.
- Strain mixture through fine mesh strainer and add lime juice. Stir to combine. Allow to come to room temperature and then store in fridge or freezer until cold.
- Pour cold mixture into your prepared ice cream maker and process per manufacturer's instructions.
- 89 calories, 3 calories from fat, 0g fat, 0g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 23g total carbs, 4g fiber, 12g sugars, 1g protein
- eGL: 6
- Weight Watcher points: 1