Sunday, January 25, 2009

French Toast with Blueberry Maple Syrup

Nothin' like a hot breakfast on a rainy Sunday morning.

This morning, it was Fabulous French Toast I from How it all Vegan! by Tanya Barnard & Sarah Kramer. We used a multi-grain bread - the kind with whole sunflower seeds and everything - and it was still delicious.. This is a tasty yet simple recipe that comes together fast and hits yer B Spot (uh ... that's B for breakfast, of-course) just right.

While the french toast was fryin' up, I dumped 1 cup of frozen blueberries along with 1/2 cup maple syrup into a small saucepan over low heat. I gave it an occasional stir as I worked and topped our french toast with it.

Now I'm all fueled up to do my grocery shopping. Hopefully, I'll be back later today with a Sunday Night Dinner post.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

veggievixen said...

wish i could eat this every single day.

Marni said...

hahaha Me too! :)

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jessy said...

french toast + blueberry maple syrup = a combination of excellence! mmmmmmm! we don't have any blueberries but i've got a bunch of frozen blackberries from over the summer - totally gonna have to make some blackberry maple syrup now that i'm craving french toast! ahahahaha! yay!

i can't wait to read up on another one of your rock'n sunday dinners, Marni!

allularpunk said...

mmmm. i haven't had french toast in...years! i really need to make some, or at least some pancakes so i can make blueberry-maple syrup! that sounds soooo good right now.

mtbVegan said...

I am now dreaming of french toast.

T said...

That looks so amazing. That blueberry sauce is reminding me of a smoky diner my parents used to take me to that had that ridiculously sugary sauce that could be pie filling... I'm drooling thinking about it.

The Cooking Lady said...

French toast is my sons all time favorite breakfast food. He could and would eat it every day.

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

That looks delectable.