The pinto beans soaked all day and are now nestled away for the night in the slow cooker with big chunks of onion, some crushed garlic, and a couple bay leaves. They should be cooked and ready to be fried in the skillet tomorrow.
The Husband stopped by a local tamale shop and bought some prepared masa for the tamales, so that should make things easier tomorrow.
Here's how my list is looking:My plan for tomorrow is to consume massive quantities of caffeine upon rising and at strategic and periodic intervals throughout the day. I'll attack the two tamale fillings first and then the beans. The Sour Cilantro Cream will go together very quickly and when The Husband gets home from work, we're planning on sitting in front of the TV and stuffing tamales.
Grocery shopping for the following:
- Mexican Bread Pudding (for breakfast)
- Pumpkin Mole Tamales
- Roasted Tomato Seitan Tamales
- Refried Beans (in the works)
- Cranberry-Avocado Salsa (just picked up some gorgeous locally grown Avocados yesterday - I love living in Southern California!) with fresh tortilla chips from a local tortillarilla
- Sour Cilantro Cream (from V'con)
- Pomegranate Margaritas
The Mexican Bread Pudding and Cranberry-Avocado Salsa will go together Christmas day as will the Pomegranate Margaritas. Many times over, I'm sure.
There, that doesn't sound too bad. Right? :::gulp::: :)