Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Margarita "Cheese"cake is Done!

Well, I didn't get as much done today as I thought I would, but I did make forward progression.  The Margarita Cheesecake is now cooling on the stove and when it's ready, will be stored in the fridge 'til the time is right.  I have no idea if it's going to turn out since it's my recipe and I've never tried it before.  I hope so.  I'm thinking about making some candied lime peel to garnish it, but it's not a priority.

The pinto beans soaked all day and are now nestled away for the night in the slow cooker with big chunks of onion, some crushed garlic, and a couple bay leaves.  They should be cooked and ready to be fried in the skillet tomorrow.

The Husband stopped by a local tamale shop and bought some prepared masa for the tamales, so that should make things easier tomorrow.

Here's how my list is looking:
  • Grocery shopping for the following:
  • Mexican Bread Pudding (for breakfast)
  • Pumpkin Mole Tamales
  • Roasted Tomato Seitan Tamales
  • Refried Beans (in the works)
  • Cranberry-Avocado Salsa (just picked up some gorgeous locally grown Avocados yesterday - I love living in Southern California!) with fresh tortilla chips from a local tortillarilla 
  • Sour Cilantro Cream (from V'con)
  • Pomegranate Margaritas
  • Margarita "Cheese"cake
My plan for tomorrow is to consume massive quantities of caffeine upon rising and at strategic and periodic intervals throughout the day.  I'll attack the two tamale fillings first and then the beans.  The Sour Cilantro Cream will go together very quickly and when The Husband gets home from work, we're planning on sitting in front of the TV and stuffing tamales.

The Mexican Bread Pudding and Cranberry-Avocado Salsa will go together Christmas day as will the Pomegranate Margaritas.  Many times over, I'm sure.  

There, that doesn't sound too bad.  Right?  :::gulp:::  :)

5 comments:

Ricki said...

Good luck with all the prep--I know you'll get it all done! And I'm really looking forward to reading about that bread pudding.

Have a wonderful holiday!

allularpunk said...

you've totally got this, girl. sounds like a good plan of attack haha...

Alison said...

wow, why don't I live next door to you? Everything you make sounds and looks amazing.

Chelsea said...

I want to have Christmas with you!!! My belly started rumbling reading your post. Wowza!

Marni said...

Thank you. Everyone come on over! I'd be stoked to feed you ALL! :D