Monday, November 17, 2008

7 Things About Me

I would have gotten to this sooner but I'm still fighting The Sick that The Boy decided to gift me with recently. Aw, so sweet.  I'd have preferred a macaroni necklace or a finger painting but thanks, baby.  This is the cold that keeps on giving. Ugh!

First thanks to the following lovely ladies, all of whom tagged me for this meme.  I hope I don't disappoint.  Please check out their blogs as they each have a unique voice and oodles of interesting things to say: 
Now for the rules (more like guidelines, really):
  • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links.
  • Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So, seven random and/or weird facts about me .... here goes!
  1. I became a published author before I graduated high school.  I could kick myself for not pursuing writing after I graduated, but I'm trying now.  Which leads me to ...
  2. I've entered two writing contests over the last three months and won honorable mention in both of them.  I'm currently trying to figure out how to make room in my life to write more because I really enjoy it.
  3. I've only ever had one cavity and I didn't get it until I was 30 years old.  
  4. I met my husband in a mosh pit.  Actually, I ran into him.  Literally.  I was 17 and he was 20 and the mutual attraction was instantaneous.  He tried to ask my name, but he couldn't hear me over the band so he started calling me Mosh Pit Girl, instead.  Even though I was dating another guy at the time, I ran into my hubbie-to-be several times over the course of that summer.  One day, towards the end of the summer, my then-boyfriend invited me down to meet his new roommate, "The coolest guy ever."  As I entered my boyfriend's new apartment, I heard someone say, "Hey Mosh Pit Girl!"  I looked up and it was Future Husband.  In some strange twist of fate, they ended up roommates.  In an ensuing not-so-strange twist of fate, I ended up swapping out my boyfriend and the rest is history.
  5. Food is my passion and I have fantasies about owning my own bakery and penning cookbook after cookbook.  I have an entire bakery menu planned out and a growing list of cookbook ideas.
  6. I'm a total bibliophile.  I own and have read thousands of books.  I read several at a time, stashing them around the house, in my purse, in my car, and will pull one out whenever I have a moment.  I have several rare editions and hope to one day own a home with a library and one of those cool rolling ladders.  
  7. I have an irrational fear of airplane potties.  Up until recently, I refused to use them, which makes long flights interesting.  So fierce was my resolve that I even managed to avoid the loo on two flights between Los Angeles and Amsterdam.
And now we've come to the part where I'm supposed to tag 7 people to do this meme.  Though I enjoy being tagged, I'm not really a tagger.  Plus, just about everyone who's blog I read has already participated.  If you're reading this and you haven't yet played, consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Jeni Treehugger said...

Fun facts marni!
I LOVE your story of how you met your hubby! Sometimes fate needs to take a helping hand in situations.
I'm so gonna have a library one day AND it'll have a ladder on wheels too.
And you gotta tell me what the name of your published book is...

Marni said...

Thanks, Jeni. We really enjoy telling the story of how we got together. :) And if I ever publish any books, I'm sure you'll hear about it. I imagine I won't be able to shut up about it.