Friday, September 26, 2008

Creamy Cardamom Rice Pudding

The other night I made the Creamy Cardamom Rice Pudding from the October 2008 issue of Veg Times. It's sooooo delicious. It tastes like a chai-spicy creamy warm gooey bowl of nutty Moroccan love.

However, I'm pretty sure there's either a misprint in the recipe or I did something really wrong without realizing it. My rice pudding came out more like rice soup so I had to double the cooking time, add more rice, and limp it along until I got the consistency and texture I wanted. I'll be interested to see if there's a correction listed for this recipe in the next issue.

But Creamy Cardamom Rice Pudding ... yeah ... pretty much rocks the Casbah. Hard.

:::le sigh:::

2 comments:

KL Grady said...

Mmmmm. Cardamom. I had salsa this past week that I swear had cardamom and cumin in it. Those might have been the only spices. YUM.

Marni said...

Nice! I recently watched a show on things to do with avocados and the host was talking about how good cumin is in guacamole. We tried it and it was great. All those Mediterranean spices are fast becoming my favorites. I love learning new ways to use them.