Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cupcake Anyone?

I just finished decorating my last cupcake and I think I need a nap now! :)

The top section is full of the cupcakes I did for my cake decorating class. The bottom section is a little experiment I did at home. I was trying out a vegan Royal Icing recipe and my intention was to replicate the cross-section of an orange. It didn't really turn out that way, but that's okay.

Here are some close-ups...


VDOC: Baby in Stroller
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina



VDOC: Grapes
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina



VDOC: Cherries
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina



VDOC: Apple
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina



VDOC: Flower
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina




I still think they look pretty lame, but I'm enjoying what I'm learning and with practice, I know I'll get better.

I have another cake due tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Lees(VERLANG)enLIJST said...

Oh, they're lovely!!!

jessy said...

these all look so awesome, Marni! i really super love the fruit ones, and i really like the orange ones as well. they all look so good! it does look like a lot of work - you should sit back, relax, and have a cupcake! oh, and i'll have one, too!

Marni said...

Thanks, ladies! The fruit decorations are my favorite, too. :)

Erin said...

Very nice, job, I particularly like the one with grapes. You're going to be a pro soon!