Thursday, June 12, 2008

Buttercream Rose


Vegan Buttercream Rose
Originally uploaded by Marni Molina
For my last cake decorating class in series one we learned how to pipe roses out of buttercream icing. It was extraordinarily frustrating and difficult. I had originally envisioned a cake with a lovely spray of whimsical blue roses. But when all the "roses" were piped, I had only one that was suitable for sharing. Alas, here it is!

Ta daaaaa!

Course two in the series begins in a couple weeks. This is good because if I even smell buttercream icing for a bit, I may run screaming. I'm told we're eventually going to learn an easier method for creating an even better-looking rose.

Good!

Piped buttercream roses are highly overrated in my now two-weeks long lay pastry chef experience.

As an aside, this was my best tasting cake so far. It's an organic vegan vanilla chocolate chip cake with a raspberry filling and vegan vanilla buttercream icing.

5 comments:

Elise said...

That picture is lovely, you're very talented. :) And cake sounds REALLY good right now...

jessy said...

WOW, and WOW again!

Marni, the buttercream rose looks absolutely stellar! i gasped with joy and made dan look at the computer screen - he agrees, it's awesome!

and hooray for your best cake yet, too!

hot damn!

Neighbor said...

Your neighbor with the funny socks needs to verify the tastiness of these cupcakes.

Neighbor said...

Your neighbor with the funny socks needs to verify the tastiness of these cupcakes.

Erin said...

I'm sure they will come easier with practice, right? ...Right? Either way the one you posted is lovely.