Monday, March 3, 2008

Diuretic Drink

In my ever-continuing effort to slim down and drink more water, I've discovered a lovely concoction that keeps me sapping on the water bottle all day.

I first heard of this recipe from Jillian Michaels. Apparently, she's a trainer on the reality TV show, The Biggest Loser. I've never really watched the show, but I ran into a video of her talking about this recipe online a while back, and stored it to try when the weather warms up and I can stand drinking something cold all day.

Jillian Michaels, by the way, has an insane body with the best abs ever. If this is one of her tools for staying trim, I'm on board. Anyhow, the recipe is simple and goes thusly...

Jillian Michaels' Diuretic Drink
  • 60 ounces distilled water
  • 1 tablespoon sugar-free cranberry juice
  • 1 dandelion root tea bag
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice

Drink every day for 7 days in a row and drop 5 pounds excess water bloat.

I searched 4 stores and couldn't find dandelion root tea bags. I could have ordered it online, but I wanted to keep it simple. I did find a Yogi Tea blend that contained organic dandelion root called "Fasting", so I'm using that instead.

Also, instead of just throwing a tea bag into cold water, I actually brewed a cup of it in the morning and let it cool down. I figured I'd get more taste out of it that way. I combined that with the distilled water and other ingredients and started drinking.

I liked this recipe because I'm one of those people that has a difficult time sticking with water. The extra bit of taste helps keep me sippin'. Also, the diuretic properties to the ingredients make me feel like I'm pulling double-duty as I drink.

1 comment:

Topher said...

Hi!

I think I tried emailing you but I was wondering if there was any way I could get the recipe for the banana chocolate bread pudding that you made on your blog. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.