Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tamari-Roasted Chickpeas

Have you accepted the chickpea as your lord and personal savior? Because I have! I'm obsessed with them. I spend my days trying to come up with inventive ways of incorporating them into my next meal. I've even eaten them straight from the can.

:::duhn duhn duuuhnnn:::

So when I read this post over at the Eat Air blog, my ears stood straight up. Another recipe to add to my growing chickpea repertoire! And I already had the cookbook! Even better.

So today I prepared my first, but certainly not last, batch of Tamari-Roasted Chickpeas from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan.


Yum! I'm having them on my salad with dinner tonight, but I couldn't help but dig in while they were cooling. They are so tasty! Roasted and a bit crunchy on the outside with a nummy chewy center. Awesome! Plus, I was able to do them in my toaster oven, so I didn't have to use the energy to heat my big oven.

I see the future and it is Tamari-Roasted Chickpeas on everything!

2 comments:

BitterSweet said...

Oh I just love chickpeas too, and these babies look delicious!

Marni said...

They were fab. You should give them a go! We're on our third batch.