Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lower Fat Deep Chocolate Bundt Cake

This afternoon, I made a birthday cake for Cora Anderson. Today is her 93rd birthday! I took lovely pictures of her cake, complete with birthday candles blazing and a small altar honoring her since I couldn't see her in person. Unfortunately, I'm still having issues getting my camera and my computer to get along and play nice. This is very frustrating. I addressed software today and that didn't remedy the problem. Tomorrow I plan to tackle hardware.

But back to the cake. I used the Lower-Fat Deep Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe from Veganomicon and it came out wonderful. I didn't have the 8- or 10-inch Bundt pan called for, so I used what I do have: A Pampered Chef Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan. The recipe produced the perfect amount of batter for the six tiny Bundt-ish cake forms in the pan. I reduced the cooking time to 35 minutes and they came out perfect.

Apologies about the lack of photos. I hope to get this problem fixed soon.

4 comments:

Anchored Away said...

I made something yummilicious last night. Not very low-fat, but it was vegan.

I made a pesto sauce, minus the cheese, and sauteed fresh green beans in it. Easy and so good, even the sprogs ate it.

Marni said...

Yay! I'll have to try green beans with pesto. Sounds like something even my own sproglet may eat.

Glad to hear you are moving away from eating meat and animal poducts. I'll get you my pretty!

Neighbor said...

Howdy neighbor-

What in the hell is a "sproglet"? Great blog my pretty. I love having a witch for a neighbor. Was that your broom on the light above the dinner table? If you need help with your camera-computer relationship, I'll take a shot if you've had enough.

Tootles

Marni said...

Greetings, Neighbor!

A "sproglet" is a wee sprog - aka my son. I'm happy you enjoy having a witch as a neighbor, as I enjoy being a witch and a neighbor. Mutually beneficial for all!

No, that wasn't my broom hanging from the chandelier. It was a bundle of wheat that I'll be weaving into a crafting project later this week.

The camera-computer issue was remedied with the purchase of a card reader. Thanks for the offer, though. I forgot you had computer skills. It took me d-a-y-s to figure this problem out. Next time, I'll ask you for help.

Welcome to my blog!