Monday, December 31, 2007

Smlove Pie

Oh. My. Stars.

This pie is so incredibly, impossibly delicious and decadent. It's so good, it's got to be considered conversion food. I defy any omni or vegetarian to eat this vegan pie and try to say that one can't eat well as a vegan. My husband, who is still an omni but is willing to give "this vegan thing" a try with me as of January 1, said it's just as good as, if not better than, my top recipes that call for animal products and byproducts. And I'm known in my circle of friends to have some of the best recipes around. (All of which I hope to eventually convert to vegan if possible.)

I purchased the ingredients for this pie, which comes from Veganomicon, with the intention of making it for Christmas. Unfortunately, my mom called Christmas Eve to tell me not to bring my dessert because my grandmother and father had both made unscheduled desserts. Now that we've tasted what they missed, my husband and I can safely say, "Suckahs! Y'all effed up!"

This pie has a graham cracker crust and a chocolate filling.


On top of that goes a layer of peanut butter caramel and maple candied pecans.


But wait ... there's more! Over all that is a lacey layer of drizzled chocolate.

Just look at it and tell me you don't want to lick your computer monitor...


Amazing. Certainly not for every day eating, but highly recommended for when feeding/trying to convert omnis or vegetarians and for special occasions.

2 comments:

Charlie - hope & spray said...

That looks SOOOOOOO delicious!! I have that book and now can't wait to make this pie. It looked like a lot of work, but after seeing and hearing about yours, it seems well worth the effort!! Thanks!

PS Are you in San Diego?? I am!

Marni said...

Hey Charlie - Make the pie. It's a bit of work, but you can do it in phases over the course of a day because it requires refrigeration. That's how I did it. It's awesome.

And yes, I'm in San Diego!