Friday, June 19, 2009

Winner Winner Chickpea Dinner ... er ... Brunch

If you've been following along this week over at Cafe VegNews you know they've been running a contest. Each day, they've given away a signed copy of Isa Chandra Moskowitz's new cookbook, Vegan Brunch. Yesterday, I decided to have a crack at their question of the day, which was:

"What's your favorite restaurant to go to for brunch?"

My answer:

"My fav restaurant for brunch is WaterCourse Foods. Everything on their menu is available vegan. They offer up mouth-watering tofu scrambles, a blue plate special, pancakes, french toast ... but not "normal" french toast, whoa no. *Banana Bread french toast.* Yes. Let's just take a moment to savor that thought.

...

Mewkay.

Also for the having, an Amsterdam Hash that's just as good as the name implies, and ... the nummers to end all nummers ... biscuits and gravy. Uh! So good, makes you want to smack yer mama. Metaphorically speaking, of-course.

And I'm not even mentioning the giant cinnamon rolls. Nope. This is me. Not mentioning them.

Did I say they're in Denver, CO yet? Thank goodness I live in San Diego, CA or I'd be working off a never-ending tab washing dishes or something. But every time I'm in Denver, I can be seen fogging up the glass in the wee hours of the morning, waiting for them to open and creeping out the wait staff."

Turns out they liked my answer, so they announced in today's post that I won! Le squee!

I'm so looking forward to diving into Vegan Brunch. I've heard great things about it and The Husband and I do love a hearty brunch on Sunday mornings. 

6 comments:

thedalyn said...

Ha! I lived in San Diego for 28 years and now reside just outside Denver. Watercourse takes the sting out of not having a beach just a bit. Those sweet potato cinnamon rolls are fantastic, as is the Peasant sandwich. And, of course, we always have the cornmeal crusted onion rings--even at brunch with the banana bread french toast. Good answer and enjoy the cookbook. So far, I love it.

Hannah said...

Congrats, that's awesome! Can't wait to see what you make out of it... So far I've heard only good things.

Jeni Treehugger said...

Congrats Marni - what an awesome prize to win.

Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

Congratulations, Marni-- you're going to love that book!

Watercourse sounds wonderful!

jessy said...

squeeeeeeeeee, indeeds! hooray for winning a copy of vegan brunch, Marni! man, that rocks! i need to check out Cafe VegNews - i've never done so and totally need to. thanks!

Zoey said...

Congratulations on winning! I hope that you will share some of what you make from Vegan Brunch. I haven't decided where to start yet.