Monday, January 12, 2009

Healthy Resolutions Week Kicks Off

It's almost been two weeks since the start of 2009 and many of us made resolutions to get healthy and/or lose some weight. Have any of you started to slip up yet? I certainly have. Whether you only need shed a few extra holiday pounds or you have some serious weight-loss goals, this week is for you.

Over the next seven days I'll be exploring healthy solutions to our resolution quandaries. Each day I'll tackle a different topic and by the end of the week, we should all be back on track, rip-roaring and ready to make positive dietary and behavioral changes in our lives. Here's how I've broken down the week:

  • MONDAY: All things liquid - the importance of water and even lo-cal cocktail choices
  • TUESDAY: Breakfast
  • WEDNESDAY: Snacks
  • THURSDAY: Lunch
  • FRIDAY: Dinner
  • SATURDAY: Dessert
  • SUNDAY: Behavior modification and week-end wrap-up

4 comments:

jessy said...

i too made a resolution to eat better and cut out a lot of added sugar and crap. then i messed it all up by totally bingeing out - ate 7 cookies in a matter of 3 minutes saturday night. sadface! i'm back on track now, but i am looking forward to some healthy solutions. your Healthy Resolutions Week sounds awesome, Marni! you're the best!

Jeni Treehugger said...

This'll be good. I went to the gym today for the first time since I was 14!!
I WILL have buns of steel this summer.
:)

allularpunk said...

yay! i can't wait to read all of this :)

Marni said...

Jessy - Sounds like something I'd do. :) I suppose the trick is to just get right back to a healthy lifestyle and not let the cookies derail you. Sounds like you did great with that. See, and here I was thinking *you* were the best. :D

Jeni Treehugger - Hooray for the gym! Hooray for buns of steel, too. I can't go to the gyn due to daycare issues, so I have to get creative with my workouts. Thank the gods for my Wii!!!!!

Allularpunk - Cool! I can't wait to see what I write! LOL