- oat Bran
- wheat Bran
4B Mini Muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins
- 3/4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (or other berries)
- 3/4 cup nonfat soy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 ripe medium banana, broken into several pieces
- 1 Ener-G egg replacer mixed with water per package instructions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat 24 nonstick muffin cups with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine both brans, flour, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add berries and gently stir to coat them with the dry mixture. (This prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins later.) Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the soy milk, maple syrup, banana, prepared Ener-G egg, olive oil, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients. With a spoon, stir gently until just combined.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Bake about 8 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed gently in the centers. Do not over-bake.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the cups. Serve warm or cool completely on rack.
NOTE: If you don't have both types of bran, you may substitute 1 1/2 cups of either kind.
- 72 calories, 17 calories from fat, 2g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 13g total carbs, 2g dietary fiber, 5g sugars, 2g protien,
- eGL*: 6
- WW points: 1