Monday, December 29, 2008

The French Yule Log That Never Was

This month brings my first missed Daring Baker challenge.  I'm kinda bummed but was so overwhelmed both financially and time-wise, I just couldn't pull it off.  It was a doozy with lots of separate pieces, each with their own recipe and challenge, especially for vegan bakers.  If you have the time, I highly recommend checking out the completed challenges.  Particularly from the Alternative Daring Bakers cuz ... you know ... gotta represent n' stuff.

This month's challenge is brought to us by the adventurous Hilda from Saffron and Blueberry and Marion from Il en Faut Peu Pour Etre Heureux.

They have chosen a French Yule Log by Flore from Florilege Gourmand.

2 comments:

jessy said...

a french yule log sounds a bit too complex for me to even think about. eek! you've made enough awesomeness this month Marni - i wouldn't worry about it at all!

now excuse me while i go back and drool over your cheezecake and those baked apples! mmmmmmmmmm!

Bex said...

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed myself. Definitely take the time to relax.

I still haven't gotten mine together. I'm challenging myself even more by using almost exclusively what I can find in the cupboards. I might be setting myself up to fail but we'll see.