Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chickpea Broccoli Casserole

Last night's dinner was a recipe from my newest cookbook: Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I chose it because I love chickpeas and it sounded like something I could make ahead of time and pop in the oven when dinner time drew near. And that's exactly what I did!

It was nice and hot here yesterday so I threw this together in a casserole dish and stashed it in the fridge. Then I grabbed The Boy and we headed over to Mom's place to swim. The pool was 83 degrees. Awesome.

When we were finished, we can home and I stuck this baby in the oven and relaxed while it cooked. I love meals like that.

This is a good basic recipe, and she says as much in the book. It would benefit from all manner of doctoring - garlic, tamari, herbs, whatever - but is still great comfort food as is. I'm looking forward to playing with this recipe more in the future.

No comments: