Vanilla Green Tea Cake
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 scant cup non-dairy vanilla milk of choice
- 1 scant cup strong-brewed green tea, cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients until batter is smooth and pour equally into two, well-greased, 8-inch cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool to touch (a few minutes) and then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
Vanilla Green Tea Buttercream Icing
- 1/2 cup nonhydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup nonhydrogenated margarine, I used Earth Balance
- 3 1/2 cups veganized powdered sugar, sifted if clumpy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strong-brewed green tea, cooled
- Beat the shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the vanilla and green tea, and beat for another 5 to 7 minutes until fluffy.