Thursday, May 8, 2008

Banana Date Shake


Vegan Banana Date Shake
Originally uploaded by M Molina
Though it's cool and drizzly now, the weather will soon heat up here in San Diego - it's never cold here for long (as a point of reference, "San Diego cold" is < 70 degrees).  But when I wake up at 6 am and it's already 80 degrees in the house, I want simple meals that don't require any heat. Bonus points if the food is actually cold. Enter ... the breakfast shake.

I modified the recipe for Banana Date Shake in How it All Vegan! to make it single serving. I ended up using:

  • 1 cup low fat vanilla oat milk
  • 3 dates
  • 1 frozen banana (I just sliced it in 1-inch sections and stuck it in the freezer the night before)

Toss ingredients in the blender and fan yourself while it does all the work.

Fantastic and sweet. Cool and delicious.

As an aside, this is the first in what I hope will be a series of posts on finding or creating the perfect, healthy breakfast shake. Or lunch shake. Or ... dinner shake? Well, maybe not a dinner shake. How 'bout a "Whenever You Feel Like a Shake Shake"?

Yes, that's it.

2 comments:

jessy said...

this sounds glorious! and i have all of those ingredients! excitedface! i'm totally making one of these guys tomorrow! w00t!

Marni said...

It was fab! I hope you like it.