Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chili with Skillet Corn Bread

Last night's dinner was chili with the Skillet Corn Bread from Veganomicon (the double-corn variation).  I've made this corn bread a few times before and though I think it's a little plain by itself, I always serve it smothered with something savory.  The consistency is great, however, and never dry like some corn breads can be.  This morning, I had a slice for breakfast with Earth Balance and Agave Nectar.  Yum!
   
  
One of my neighbors gave me a recipe for vegetarian chili that I'll be trying soon, but last night it was just one of those vegetarian chili packets mixed with beans and tomatoes.
   

This is, by the way, the first time I've ever eaten chili.  It's always been too spicy for me, but my baby-step plan to acclimate myself to spicy foods is clearly working.  It was hot at first, but after about five bites, it was just plain good.

No comments: