Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fruit Salad

I'm proud to say that almost all the produce I eat is organic and locally grown. I try to eat nothing but fruit 'til lunchtime each day. Not only does this help me get several fruit servings down right away, but I feel energized and clean starting my day this way. It's also in keeping with one of my original goals with regard to going vegan: eat more raw foods! I've found that the meal feels extra special if I take the extra time to chop up all my fruit and mix it together in a salad bowl or some other pretty container. Just look at this glorious color!


Now I ask you, who wouldn't want to start their days like this?

Fruit for breakfast is a key component in my overall effort to move towards a whole foods diet. It also helps create the foundation for the vegan food pyramid, to which I try to adhere.

No comments: