But something even more amazing than that happened: the dish that nearly everyone went bananas over was a vegan stuffing! Hooray! I just get excited whenever I even hear the word vegan on TV, but to see a bunch of foodies get psyched about vegan food is very cool.
Now, the recipe was originally published on the Bravo website with a typo which which made it appear as though it's not truly vegan. However, it has since been fixed and I'm really looking forward to trying it. So without further rambling, I give you....
- 6 egg and dairy free corn muffins
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 T minced garlic
- 1 T oregano
- 1 T rosemary
- 1 T thyme
- 1 T basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Small dice squash, zucchini, red pepper.
- Toss veggies with olive oil, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Put in 350 degree oven in one layer, and roast for approximately 25 minutes, or until soft.
- Sauté garlic in oil, combine herbs and add to garlic.
- Crumble in the corn muffins.
- Toss and combine with veggies.
- Spread in large casserole dish.
- Pour over stock and bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallion and serve.
If you want to watch the episode, you can do so here.
Here's to more vegan yummies on Top Chef!